Thursday, December 31, 2009
Back when we were kids, we all thought that by 2010 we'd be flying in cars, living in space, and would have destroyed Planet Earth. 2010 is just a few hours away and none of the Sci-Fi movies proved to be right. Life is still cruising along, but much has changed, and the next decade is sure to bring about some significant changes in surfing. Here are HSD's predictions for the next 10 years:
- People will be riding a variety of boards that are shorter and fatter than previous decades.
- People will experiment with fins, riding 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 fins
- Shapers with hand-shaping skills will still design the best boards
- Computers will not replace workers in surfboard factories
- Surfboard building materials will become more worker and environmentally friendly
- HSD is going to lead to the way in progressive designs that work for all surfer, not just pros
- California will continue to lead surf industry in design and style
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Still need to get some gifts, but not sure of the best way to give a cool gift that means something? Why not give HSD gift certificates to help someone pay for their new board? Available now in any dollar amount, and they are very snazzy.
If jewelry is what you seek, swing by the California Surf Museum on Thursday Dec. 17 during the outdoor market from 4:30 until 8pm. There will be a book signing from 6-8 pm and cool gift ideas like Andrea's Recycled Surf Resin Jewelry, pearl and shell jewelry, membership, books, DVDs, and lots of other goodies for the surf enthusiast in your life.
On Saturday Dec. 19 Beads of La Jolla is hosting an open house all day, from 10 am -6 pm. Any purchase $20 purchase gets you $5 bead bucks, and any purchase over $100 gets you a free one hour consultation to use any time during 2010. That is a great gift for the aspiring jeweler in your life. There will be tons of pre-made jewelry including one-of-a-kind recycled surf resin jewelry, purses, scarves, and more!